OB-X Voice + Controller Board DIY Synth
Sale Sold out
Regular price $225.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Thanks for checking out Rosen Sound's first DIY synth project! This project is based on our popular replacement Oberheim OB-X voice cards, which are 1:1 clones of the originals. We have now designed and produced controller boards for those cards so they can be used as a single voice synth!
- DIY! Nothing will give you the feeling of gratification quite like building your own synth!
- All parts are available by simple means. No hunting down expensive obsolete transistors! Yes, some parts will not be obtainable on Mouser, but we tell you exactly where to get em!
- 2 beefy analog VCO's (Saw/Pulse)
- External inputs for audio, PWM, and filter FM via 3.5mm jacks
- The beefiest LPF ever put into a synth voice. The OB-X has a SEM like LPF that is revered.
- If you're a tech, these can be used to test OB-X cards outside the OB-X, reducing repeated mechanical stress to the original mother boards
Build difficulty: Easy! Definitely beginner friendly, and you're sure to learn a thing or two about building with discreet thru-hole parts.
Projected cost: At this time, the total expected BOM hovers around $130-200. The mouser cart alone is ~$120, and the other bits can vary, and there are many sources. The wide range is also accounting for the power supply. See notes below.
- 1x OB-X voice card
- 1x Controller card for the OB-X voice card
- Pre-Built PSU (wall wart is part of BOM)
- BOM with links
- Mouser cart for most components
- Parts placement sheet
- Build and calibration directions